Monday, June 11, 2007

The Physics Epic: Part 1

The last class exits and the next is outside, waiting to get in. The teacher goes out too with a smile(more like a smirk) on his face and looks at the next people he will be stepping on. Everyone lines up. Straight. Finally, we go in.

Second Day has been going great so far and I'm thinking this is just going to be another walkthrough. We all sit, without a buzz to be heard, and everyone's just staring at the teacher(still smirking) in front of us. Now what?

He talks for most of the time and when he asks for questions, we're not asking. Either we understood or was just afraid for fear of getting bitten by the God of All Smirks, cursing us forever.

That wasn't just another walkthrough. It was pressure. His whole talk made me feel like my life in the third year is gonna be hard as hell. But, if I think about it, he just sounds like another teacher of ours last year and it wasn't as bad as what she said or how we pictured it. In short, maybe I'm going to be just fine.

---=++++=---

The next two days made me unsure if I could even hold on to the last thing I said, though. Our first lesson was SOHCAHTOA and I didn't understand a word he said. I was even confident before I got in that it was going to easy. It was easy. But, everytime he asked us a question, my mind would suddenly go blank. Intuition told me to ask those beside me if they knew. Unfortunately, they didn't know either.

Even the lesson on vectors was just like that. And by tomorrow, I need to answer the problem he gave us. Ugh...

But he did teach me something and it's this: The teacher isn't there to teach, he's just there to tell you what you should know for tomorrow. Rely on your wits and not on him, he won't tell you what you want but what you need to get what you want. Lastly, there are friends, if you didn't understand and they did, well, what are they for?

---=++++=---

Expectations

1. It won't be as hard as I think it is.
2. It won't be boring.
3. I know there'll be a lot of calculating, that's what Physics is known for anyway and wishing for it to go away won't have any effect whatsoever.
4. Mr. Mendoza will keep smiling till the end of time.

*No offense intended. But I'm still sorry.

No comments: